As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, August 18

1. Ran into Ms. Friendly Neighbor… the lady that always hits me when I see her. Today we ran into each other in the elevator, literally. Ha, ha, ha.
2. Well it rained in Cheonan tonight and so it seemed like everyone in Cheonan was at the Yawoori taxi stand with me! I had to wait 35 minutes for a taxi and so not only did I arrive in Songtan an hour late but I also showed up minus any possible signs of patience.
3. Ran into Stalker Boy and was thankfully shortly thereafter rescued by Darnell who got great kicks out of the whole situation. Thanks Darnell!
4. Ran into Trouble Boy and his little pose of Philippine buddies who swarmed me like bees on honey and tried to convince me to ditch my friends. A for effort boys.
5. Once again I was rejected by that Mr. Grumpy Man at the club cause I’m Canadian. It seems like they’re still not accepting Canadians… their loss! I put up a good argument though and even the Air Force security showed up to back me up!
6. Jokes on Mr. Grumpy Man…. thanks to Greg’s quick thinking, he was able to smuggle me into the place through the hotel stairwell door. The workers who saw me walk in asked me for my id and had no problem with the fact that I am Canadian. I don’t think being Canadian is the problem, it’s Mr. Grumpy Man!
7. Chatted it up with this Philippine girl and then spent a good part of the night trying to dodge her. She was trying to hunt me down and it was freaking me out. I have a boyfriend… that means I love men!
8. Met this Korean-American dude who was clearly more American than Korean and I ended up getting into this lengthy discussion about why Korea is way better than America. It was quite humorous.
9. Laughed my butt off while trying to help some couple learn the “Bunny Hop” dance. I’m pretty sure I had stepped on all their feet but they didn’t care. We all were too busy giggling and laughing at each other.

10. Had a fun night with some of my buddies in Songtan but I always end up feeling guilty for the fact that Ryan is at home.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Did I do that?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
-- Marcel Proust

No comments: