As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Friday, August 4

1. While on my way to the camp I ran into my favorite student, Ryan from Eumbong Middle School and so we stopped to say hi. He was so shy because Ryan (my bf) was there and so that was a first. Usually he greets me with a loud hi and sometimes a jab to my shoulder. Ha, ha, ha.
2. Was surprised at camp with some cards and gifts from students. Last night some of them gave me flowers and today some of them gave me birthday letters/cards. Thanks to Chloe for the piggy-bank! He was so proud that he had bought it for me… so cool!
3. With 80 totally hyperactive students, 200 water balloons, tons of water guns and one blazing hot sun, our planned game of “capture the flag” was scrapped and instead with had an all-out water fight! IT WAS AWESOME!
4. Somehow I ended up being the focus target of this water fight by many students and so I got bombarded with water balloons, shooting water guns and even cups of water!!!! I was so soaked!
5. Thanks to Johnson for being my sidekick! He never paid attention in my class but was my faithful partner in the big water fight. He and I together did random water shootings. We had so much fun my tummy hurt from laughing!
6. Had to say good-bye to all the students and so that was kind of sad but I found relief in knowing that I’ll see some of them again cause they’re students of mine from my school.
7. Ventured out to Songtan to meet up with Darnell and got to see his part of the Air Force base. The base is huge. These guys have it good!
8. Julian came down and met up with me in Songtan. We had a good time and he’s a super cool dude to talk to. Gotta love those Korean boys!!!
9. Was totally shocked when I tried to enter a club and was refused. “No Canadians allowed in this club” is what the security kept on yelling at me. Turns out some Canadian girl punched the manager and so now the manager is seeking revenge on all Canadians. Jokes on her though, Darnell and his buddies distracted the security while I snuck by. Didn’t think it’d work but it did. You should had seen his face though when I left the club and said good-bye.

10. Got harassed for trying to be a good friend. Went on a hike and a half to bring subway sandwiches to “Trouble Boy” and ended up getting proposed to in the middle of the street by him… it was a joke of course but he was persistant.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who doesn't like Canadians?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
-- Anon

No comments: