As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Monday, August 14



1. Countdown is on till I have to go back to work and yet today I got asked to come into work. What the….!!! With the big English contest being this Friday, not only are some of my students forced to go to school but I am too.
2. Spent a chunk of my day with the cutest of boy bands… “Eumbong Life”. The band consists of six of my middle school students who’ll be competing in a pop song contest this Friday.
3. Feelings of shock and dismay as Eumbong Life sang their first song. Either they don’t know the translation of what they’re singing or someone forgot to screen what songs these boys could and shouldn’t sing. Song was a bit inappropriate but they’ve been practicing it so long. It’s too late to change it now…. oh gosh!
4. They tried to lure me to stay longer at school by offering coffee and food… no way! As soon as time was up, I was out of there!
5. Apparently Ryan’s got some new and interesting dance moves… where’d you pick up those? Moves like those are just too scary! Ha, ha, ha.
6. Spent only an hour with Grace tonight but boy did that hour felt like a life time. Two words to describe this mini-Korean… “TOO HYPER”!!! And yes, all caps is totally necessary!
7. Totally fascinated with Grace’s little sister who proved to be one of the biggest sponges I’ve ever met!!! Sponge-Girl repeated everything I said, word-for-word and with such awesome pronunciation. I was impressed!
8. Thanks to Grace’s mom for feeding my addiction… my lip gloss addiction that is! Ha, ha, ha… you laugh but you’d be shocked at how just many lip gloss I have!
9. What’s a visit at Grace’s house without some kind of mishap! Every time I visit her something ALWAYS goes wrong. Hmmm… I’ve only visited her three times but so far we’ve spilt ice-t on a beautiful suede rug, her sister peed on the floor, and today as I was leaving, Grace knocked over her glass. Grape juice everywhere!
10. Seriously thinking of sabotaging Ryan’s computer. That boy is hooked on this “silly, pathetic, loser game” (as I refer to it as) and stays up WAY too late playing it.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Can you stop?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
In some countries they'd mistake you as having a seizure!
-- ME (ha, ha, ha)

No comments: