As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Saturday, August 5

1. Woke up clueless as to where I was and then I realized I was still in Songtan. Raced it back to Cheonan for my plans with Sue.
2. Went over to Sue’s house today and her and her mom surprised me by throwing me a mini surprise birthday party! They sung to me, gave me some gifts and even had a cake for me. It was so incredibly sweet of them. I was very touched!
3. I’ve officially “reached” Sue. I’ve been approved! Today she wanted to show me something and so she took me by the hand. Both her and her mom were surprised cause she’s not a touchy girl at all.
4. Saw my first green spider… pretty cool. Thanks Sue.
5. Came home and was greeted by Ryan and his brother roaming around in my house. Oh my gosh… my house was so messy and so I was kind of embarrassed. Ryan’s brother was super cool about it though.
6. Took my gift certificate that Sue’s mom had given me today and did some shopping! I felt like Julia Roberts in “Pretty Woman” when I stacked up the clothes on the counter! What a rush! Looks like I’ll be sporting some new threads for my trip…. sweet!
7. Ryan went and got pretty much all his hair chopped off… like I told him not too. He’s still a great looking Korea but I love the longer hair.
8. Attempted to go to Carafor to pick up some stuff for our trip but ended up driving the scooter into a rainstorm. We saw the crazy lightening ahead of us but thought it was farther away than it really was. Had to turn around but boy did those rain drops hurt on my exposed face.
9. Second attempt to go to Carafor later in the evening was a success. Stocked up on sunscreen lotion, goggles, and had a good laugh as Ryan tested out various water toys to see which one he liked. What a big kid!
10. Came home and no sooner did I open the door than I crashed for the night!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What do I really want?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victore Borge

No comments: