As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Sunday, August 13

1. Finally reached Cheonan at 3:20am and had to deal with the annoying dude that refused to leave me alone on the train. Then once I got rid of him it was the taxi drivers at the station… they’re like seagulls!
2. Got in around 4am and stayed up to watch the sunrise… well, that sounds nice but it’s not the truth. Tried to catch up on all those emails that flooded my inbox.
3. I’m a reptile… a Polish reptile… or so the skin peels on my blankets suggest! I’m officially peeling now and it’s causing a mess. I look like a mix between a burn victim and a cancer patient… I know that’s not funny, but neither is my massive peeling!
4. Massive laundry day. With a wash and dry cycle, that’s 3 hours… did 4 loads of laundry… that’s 12 hours of work my little baby did! My poor machine went non-stop.
5. Well, it’s official… I’ve got the “itch”, thanks to my brother Bobby-B!!! He’s apparently developed this obsession with watches and today I wasted 2 hours online trying to find my own special watch.
6. Ventured to Yawoori (shopping mall) to scoop out watches. Saw lots of ridiculously over-priced jewelry but no watch I particularly watch. The search continues.
7. With the extremely humid and hot weather, Ryan bailed on shopping and so I strolled around the streets to check out the street vendors by myself.
8. Received an interesting message from some random stranger on myspace who apparently goes to my old high school in Whitby…. Jamek. Reminisced about some of my high school moments and the teachers. Rumor has it a certain teacher is under some kind of suspension of some sort. Andi… you’re going to be shocked when you hear this story!!!
9. I officially have one last week of vacation and tonight my co-teacher at my middle school called me and asked me to come into work tomorrow. Some of my students are competing in an English contest this Friday. Now, I know she understands English but apparently she doesn’t know what the word “vacation” means.

10. Turns out Ryan is more than just my boyfriend… he’s my ear-cleaner. Do you remember the character “Danny Tanner” off of the show “Full House”… Ya, well, Ryan’s the Korean version of him! Ha, ha, ha!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What part of "no" don't you understand?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
What matters is not the idea a man holds, but the depth at which he holds it.
-- Ezra Pound

No comments: