As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Thursday, August 17

1. Strolled into work AGAIN… did I mention I’m still on holidays, supposedly. Walked in and was greeted by the cutest boy band, “Sky Life”. They came to school today all ready for their dress rehearsal and they looked so sharp. I was quite the proud teacher too! Ha, ha, ha.
2. Spent a grand total of THREE HOURS with Vanessa prepping her for the big English contest tomorrow. We’ve been going hardcore with her speaking contest prep and so I’m putting all my faith in her for tomorrow.
3. Interesting how Ryan complains about his supposed tummy and yet I walk in on him eating cheesecake for supper.
4. Rushed off to see Sue and had a heck of a time trying to flag down a taxi! Finally got a taxi and when I arrived late at Sue’s house, the taxi driver informed me he didn’t have any small bills for my change. He had no change.
5. Only in Korea would a taxi driver give you your money and ask you to wait while they go search out change…. that’s exactly what he did. I’d like to think I’m a good person and so I stayed and waited.
6. Spent some time with my little buddy Sue and she was greatly humored by my Jeju hitch hiking story.
7. Awkward but humorous moment with Sue. We were doing some silly tongue twisters and well, considering her huge curiosity to learn all the English words she can jam into her mini-Korean head, she can across the word “cannibal” and naturally asked me what it meant. I explained it to her and now I think she thinks Canadians eat each other.
8. Freaked out on Ryan today about the “stupid, pathetic, loser-game” he plays all the time. Listed off numerous things he could do instead and well, I didn’t think he was listening but turns out he took my advice. Came home three hours later and he had cleaned the house from top to bottom, did the dishes, laundry, and organized the shelves. I walked in on him sitting on the bathroom floor scrubbing his sneakers. WOW!
9. Had one of those blah nights and so I decided to make a super long distance call to Canada. Called up my buddy Pete. The first few minutes of our conversation was spent on him freaking out and me giggling. I haven’t talked to him since I left Canada. Felt so good to hear that he’s been curious about me.
10. Humored both Pete and myself with random stories of just how different my life has turned out. Just goes to show you, you never know! I love it!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How will things be this time next year?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

No comments: