As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, August 2

1. Turns out not all my readers enjoy my “diarrhea of the mouth” and my willingness to joke about my mishaps. Everyone deals with life on different terms, these are my terms and if joking about things is how I deal with life’s sour moments than I think that’s my prerogative.
2. Have officially given up on trying to make people understand what it feels to be a foreigner. After two years being here, I still am a stranger to even my neighbors.
3. One of the middle school classes is presenting the song “Lemon Tree” tomorrow at the performance and so we worked on it today. It’s quite a depressing song actually but now I can’t get that song out of my head.
4. Tomorrow’s the big performance and so today my E2 homeroom class and me worked like mad on our performance piece. We wrote a poem and it’s pretty good if I do say so myself.
5. Yummy… mystery meat today for lunch. I’m not too sure which I was more disgusted by, the fact that I couldn’t figure out what kind of meat this was or the loads of fat that surrounded what little meat we got!
6. Caught a bit of sunstroke after spending some class time outside and then waiting for Ryan like for an hour on the curb.
7. Went on a 20 minutes goose chase for an appointment book at this stationary store that you walk from one end to the other in five minutes. So, needless to say, I got frustrated and left.
8. Awkward moment when I ran into one of my co-workers from Wollang Elementary School with his wife. He doesn’t speak much English and so I tried my best but ended up saying “smelly” instead of “boy” so “boyfriend” came out like “smelly friend”. Oops. I think they realized my mistake cause they had a good laugh about it.
9. Big plans for this Friday with my Air Force buddies and, the newest addition to my A-Team, Julian. Julian’s Korean-American and apparently is having a hard time in Korea so he jumped at the chance to hang with my crew.

10. I’m doing pretty good I think…. I’ve been off of green tea ice cream for about three days now. That’s a record! Ha, ha, ha.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's Sunday?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
You're old!
-- one of my students

No comments: