As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Highlights of my Day... Wednesday, August 16

1. Back to school AGAIN… so much for having a summer holiday eh?! Showed up for school sporting my new threads and jewelry that I bought yesterday in Seoul. Nothing feels better than new gear!
2. Had an interesting conversation with my boy band members and they informed me that I got voted “prettiest teacher” by the middle school boys. Thanks…. silly boys.
3. Ryan is so cute! Today when he came to pick me up at school I was running a bit late and so he had to wait. He refused to come into the school (he’s too shy) and so I got two of my students to go outside and harass him. He didn’t budge and instead sweated it out outside in the blazing heat.
4. Found out that one of my uncles has prostate cancer and because of previous surgeries and all the scar tissue due to them, they can’t remove it. Thankfully the doctors claim that it won’t kill him but he’ll have to go through radiation treatment and that’s not exactly fun.
5. Rumor has it Andi’s sister Shelly is smuggling fruit into the States… ha, ha, ha. Just joking but it just goes to show how tight those Americans are.
6. A quick trip to LotteMart got me abusing the phrase “It only cost X dollars” and so I ended up buying nothing that I had originally went in for.
7. Resisted the temptation to buy lip gloss… mind you, that was only because Ryan walked into LotteMart and I knew he’d comment on it so I quickly tossed the gloss away. Ha, ha, ha.
8. Talk about PMS… Julian totally freaked on me tonight and, of course, I was quick to put him in his place. I guess that friendship is over and so I’m really disappointed in him. Nothing is like living your dream and having someone else bash it.
9. Thanks to my new friend Miguel for the spiritual words of wisdom and being an ear I can vent to.
10. Seriously thinking about where I’ll be living next year. So far my options that I’m considering are… Cheonan (Korea), Seoul (Korea), Toronto (Canada), New York (USA), or Australia (to do more schooling).


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where in the world are you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.
-- Doug Larson

No comments: