As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back to Boxing... Tuesday, December 28

It's been exactly a week and three days since I last went boxing but today I got my Polish tush back in the club and geared up for a good hour and a half workout. Snickers joined me... and I laughed at him. Yup, I'm a real "nice wife"... hahaha. It was more like I laughed at the reaction of others when they noted that it was really Snickers back training at the club. He's returned at a whopping 82kgs which is quite the switch from the usual 72kgs we are all use to seeing him at. 82kgs marks his heaviest weight ever and boy did it score him some double and triple looks and a lot of stares... hahaha.

Whether he's at 82kgs or 72kgs, I'll always think he's the most handsome. He's sporting the extra weight very well, physically that is, but noted to me after training that though he felt much stronger than before his endurance and speed are now lacking.

As for me, I managed to get around any and all questions about my fight by maintaining my focus on training. I'm still a bit sensititive about the whole fight situation.


Random shot here that I wanted to add... check out the slick road!!! Brutal!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What gives you confidence?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.
-- Anna Freud

No comments: