As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Back to Smiling... Sunday, December 26

One of my favorite places in Cheonan, a place where I also spend way too much time, is the river path located just steps from Ggum Guum. Morning walks with Mi Nam are followed with afternoon jogs, evening playtime with Mi Nam, and then late night romantic walks with Snickers all take place on the river path.

Today Snickers and I took some photos on the path.

Here's a picture of Snickers trying not to look like he's posing... nice try but no cigar. Just beyond the bridge in the background is Ggum Guum on the right and way beyond the bridge is Dankook University.

But if you go the other way on the path, you'll find a local grocery store and the Yawoori and Shinsaege Department Stores. Both ends of the path, at least the downtown part of this path, are decorated and beautified with various lights and water fountains.

And ya, here's my attempt at trying to not strike a pose... again, nice try but no cigar. I was trying to pretend to be yelling for my hubby... hahaha.
Another place where both Snickers and I spend too much time is LotteMart. With my 6-meals-a-day and Snickers huge appetite that's fueled by an active lifestyle, we tend to do way too much grocery shopping. We have a big sized fridge but it never seems to hold a week's worth of food. Through in the fact that I eat tons of veggies and ya, numerous LotteMart visits are needed.

Grocery shopping is never just grocery shopping though and exaggerated silly behaviour and joking is always incorporated, as is a $1 ice cream cone for Snickers.

Tonight's grocery shopping however was interrupted by a couple of friends who spotted us acting silly in one of the isles. I had just given my best performance yet of Wonder Woman when all of a sudden one of Snickers' friends approached us. There I stood, with my hand up in the air, pretending that my ring had super powers. I couldn't do anything but laugh at myself, knowing full well that though I've never met this particular friend of Snickers before I'll never be able to re-do this first impression... great.

Snickers, on the other hand, got caught red-handed doing his impression of Superman and got the evil eye from a LotteMart worker for doing such an impression... hahaha. I think him almost crashing into an isle full of toilet seats had something to do with that.

Yup... we're strange and deranged and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What is normal?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Different men seek after happiness in different ways and by different means, and so make for themselves different modes of life and forms of government.
-- Aristotle

No comments: