As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do I Smell Jealousy?!... Thursday, December 16

With it being my anticipated last day of training till my much-needed day off and then fight day, I was needing calm and serenity to fill up my day but it was anything but that. There apparently was a clashing of heads and while Snickers obviously plays the leading role in my life here in Korea, the only other two supporting male roles appeared to not want to share the spotlight today.

Those two supporting but very important male roles in my life here are played by none other than Junior Mint and Mi Nam. For the past two months Mi Nam hasn’t had to share me and apparently he’s become accustomed to this, so when Snickers popped back in the scene… yikes! Mi Nam showed his disgust in the fact that he went from being the only “man of the house” to that of the “little man of the house” by peeing in my just recently washed bedding. Yup, that’s right. He peed on my thick winter blanket and floor mat, and if that wasn’t enough, he decided to pee in his own bed.

Whereas the situation with Junior Mint, though it didn’t involve any excessive peeing it did however involve him throwing crap my way, not literally but verbally. He was okay with me showing up later in the evening for training but as soon as I mentioned I came late because of Snickers, he reacted like an overdue pregnant woman with me snatching up his last piece of overly craved-for greasy chicken. Consequently, cause I’m not the kind of girl to hold back, I reacted by giving him a piece of my own mind. I’ve slaved for the past two months, making my boxing and training a top priority so him hinting that I was anything but focused on my game because of Snickers being back in the picture, well, that was just wrong. I was late because Snickers was helping me arrange my game hair appointment. I love my coach, don’t get me wrong, but there’s just sometimes I wish I could kick him and tell him to open his eyes. I have always been 120% about my boxing.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's your beef?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Play nice in the sandbox.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: