As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I couldn't resist. I've been stumbling across random video clips of Snickers and I. I just miss him so much.

2 comments:

crashcourse said...

Hi Amy,
So glad to hear that you will be seeing your husband soon. It will be good just for the fact he’ll give you a lot of support with your boxing too. That was a cute clip of you two. Love it.
I kind of had a rough sparring lesson last night going against Shauna. We went six and I was doing pretty good until tiring in the fifth and sixth round. She uses this side jab “the hammer” a left jab that comes to the side of the head as I’m going towards her. It’s really a good punch because you don’t even see it and she got me twice with it. The second time I took an eight count and decided I was done for the night. I’m amazed sometimes at how she analyses the situation during sparring. I have to remember that. Hate to admit it but she rang my bell with those. Wicked. :(
Hope your training is going well and it sounds like it is.

Beth

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Hey Beth,

Tomorrow I'm expecting to see my husband, so I am so overly excited about finally seeing him after two too long months.
Ahhh sparring, good stuff. Keep up with it because sparring is just so great and is the closest training you'll get to a real fight, so it's VERY effective. Anyone can do pad work and punch away at the heavy bag but sparring is such a different level of training. Am glad to see you taking from it what you can. Remember, EVERYTHING is a learning experience.