As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 06, 2010

Opps I Did it Again... Monday, December 6

I slept… I slept a lot today, maybe too much, but when I had blurted out “I wish I could sleep some more” the thought “be careful what you wish for” crossed my mind. No sooner had I made that wish but I got a message. My Samsung VP lunch tutoring gig has been delayed yet again while he sets up his new office. So, with no tutoring to race off to, I went back to sleep. It was surely a blessing in disguise.

I had a five hour nap before racing off to my Church Kiddies in Asan.

All this excessive daytime sleeping doesn’t come without a price however, don’t kid yourself. Falling asleep after boxing, despite being exhausted from the training, consists of me tossing and turning and finally crashing around 2 or 3am. Remember, I wake up at 4:40am for tutoring so falling asleep at 3am means my daytime napping isn’t really napping; it’s my actual bedtime.

My upcoming fight is totally to blame for my completely whacked-up sleeping schedule as is my game diet that's leaving me craving water. Yes, you read that right. I've been craving water. "Why don't you just drink some water Amy", you may say. It's not that easy. In addition to already being small and physically fit, cutting down to a weight that is obviously less than what my body is comfortable at means being pushed into uncomfortable situations. And one of those situations means tweeking my diet even more and lowering my body water weight. Your body is about 60% water, if not more, so the trick is to lower your body water weight and viola, you've just lowered your total body weight. Only one problem though, with a lack of water in your system your normal functioning and thinking goes a bit "local", hence the excessive sleeping I'm experiencing. It's not so much that I'm tired as it is I just am struggling to properly function.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How much sleep is clearly just too much sleep?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
-- Leo J. Burke

2 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

I always support you and your boxing....game diet and all. But, as you've mentioned before that the month/ 2 weeks before is hard on your body and I imagine eating as you do now is just as bad as my 'don't get me started on your late night carbs' that I indulge in every so often. The lesser of two evils perhaps?

p.s. I totally know you eat healthy and treat your body well all the other times ;)

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks girl.
The lesser of two evils, hmmm... I'd have to disagree. My insane game diet is done because I have to where as your late night carb eating is your own choice. None the less, ya, we both have our "evils"... hahaha. How's it going anyways? Am sure with Canada's amazingly wide range of things like whole wheat bread and natural peanut butter that's so easy to get your hands on means that you'll be able to make better eating choices now. I envy you for that too. Am dying for whole wheat pita shells!!!