As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Irony of Being Blessed... Tuesday, December 7

Count your blessings,
name them one by one.
Count your blessings and see where God had fun.
God works in mysterious and wonderful ways, true, but he also has a lot of fun with how he works. I say this because yesterday I got a mysterious blessing with my Samsung lunch tutoring being postponed. Sure it means I’m making less money but it means I get more time to sleep and train, and more energy to give towards my boxing, both of which definitely out weight the dollar amount put on my tutoring.

Today I got another unexpected helping hand from God and it came in the form of my cell phone mysteriously crashing. Nothing on my phone seemed to be working, I couldn’t even so much delete a picture or send a text message. Off I headed to the LG service center and what should happen but all but my phone numbers could be saved. Instantly I went from having 357 phone numbers to a big goose egg, zero.

I couldn’t help but laugh at the irony of it all, knowing that now I can’t call people and, if tomorrow’s weather report is right (snow), I won’t be able to visit anyone either… hint, hint, pure disconnection with a particular “f-word”. I love it!!!


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
If you can't laugh at life than what can you laugh at?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
If there's one thing I know it's God does love a good joke.
-- Hugh Elliott

No comments: