As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Muscle Women Taking Over Korea Tomorrow... Friday, December 10

This past week Jennifer "The Razor" Barber touched down here in South Korea with her team and she's preparing to fight Korea's favoured Wo Ji Hye. Both will be stepping into the ring with impressive stats and going to watch them battle it out tomorrow is just what I need.

Am super stoked about tomorrow's fight because one of my teammates will also be fighting -- the Cheonan Bulldog. We all high expectations for him and am sure he'll do awesome.

What I wasn't expecting today but was super thrilled and flattered was when I got an email personally addressed to me by none other than the IFBA (International Female Boxing Association) President. I've met her before, a couple of times actually. She travels to Korea every time a female foreign boxer comes to fight here. Here's some of what she wrote:
Hello Amy,

I hope all is well with you. I am here in Korea to supervise the Wo Ji Hye IFBA championship fight tomorrow in Cheonan and wonder if you are planning to attend?

It would be great to see you. I would also like to talk with you about the possibility of working for us on occasion supervising an IFBA title fight. There are times when we would like to have local representation here in Korea, and I think you would be an ideal candidate.
You can imagine how encouraged and how honoured I felt to be sent such an email, such a proposition... it's awesome. I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Sorry I haven't responded to my homepage comments, can you wait a bit more?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
My passions were all gathered together like fingers that made a fist. Drive is considered aggression today; I knew it then as purpose.
-- Bette Davis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey heyyyyy, sounds soooo good to you!!! really hope you can give us some interesting news next days! good luck dear.

FAbi

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Hi Fabi,
Yes, it was awesome news!!! I love boxing so it's always so great to get more involved and be able to dive more into it.