As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Taking a Time Out... Tuesday, December 14

I must admit that my schedule, as crazy as it is with it's early morning tutoring and mid-day sleep catch-up, is pretty sweet. I do have a lot of excess time on my hands but have been occupying it with lots of sleep when I'm not filling it with training.

Today I had Cat over at Ggum Guum for coffee. The last time I hung out with a friend was probably a month ago. Sure I see friends at boxing and at various boxing events but that's different. It's been a month since I've sat down with a friend to actually talk and lead a somewhat normal social gathering, even if it is just the two of us. For the last month I've literally been all about my training with tutoring being a kind of side dish.

I had my brutally early, early morning tutoring but I canceled tonight's tutoring because I wasn't feeling up to par. Cutting down to a weight that my body is clearly not happy traveling too has been a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenge but it's been exactly that, a challenge. I only had to lose about 5kgs for this fight but because I'm already small and fit as it is, it meant really focusing on losing body water weight. 5kgs may be little for Snickers to lose but me peeling 5kgs off my weight has meant my body and face look so different, my energy levels are all over the place, and I sleep a lot now.
My body-fat percentage has dropped from 20% to 16% and I'm feeling it cause now I am cold all the time. On Monday I refused to take my scarf off when I was tutoring even though they cranked up the heat and at home I pretty much live in a sweater that's about my weight in wool.

Today's schedule went as follows:
4:45am -- wake up, eat (protein pancake), feed and walk Mi Nam
5:50am -- grab a cab and head off to Samsung for tutoring
8:00am -- arrive back at Ggum Guum and study Korean for 30 minutes
8:30am -- sleep time
12:30pm -- wake up, eat a small meal (rice with homemade almond butter mixed in)
1:00pm -- go running, 7km
2:00pm -- swing by the pharmacy for more much needed hot packs and bandaids for my bloody knuckles and injured left hand
3:00pm -- coffee with Cat at Ggum Guum
6:00pm -- sleep time, again
8:30pm -- wake up and head off to boxing for boxing and weight training
10:30pm -- arrive back at Ggum Guum, shower, eat something small
11:00pm -- Internet work (homepage, emailing, etc)
11:50pm -- try to go to sleep... key word here being "try"

I haven't heard from Snickers for almost three days now and though I'm not worried I am a bit frustrated however because I really want to know when he's coming home. I'd love to show up at the airport with a massive hug and kiss waiting for him but with a two-hour bus ride up to the airport, I kind of need to know a time so that I can switch my day around. Ahhh.... I miss him. I miss being able to stay awake for more than 4-5 hours too without needing a nap, and I miss being able to drink milk whenever and however I'd like to.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Have you ever wanted something so bad you can taste it?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
-- Raymond Chandler

No comments: