As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

There She Blows... Wednesday, December 8

It’s really hard to come to an empty home where there once was someone eagerly waiting for me on the other side of the door. Most of the time actually, he’d be hanging out the kitchen window, yelling my name and waving to me.

It’s really hard to come home after all this grueling training and not be able to slump down in the arms of the man I love and have him tell me that everything is going to be alright and that he’s proud of me.

Snickers hasn’t been able to call me for three days now and if his voice were a drug I’d be going through some serious withdrawal symptoms. I miss him so much, so damn much.

I really needed to come home to him tonight but of course he wasn’t there.

FABULOUS NEWS --> SIX DAYS TILL HE COMES BACK!!!

I trained late tonight, ended at 11pm, and I trained really hard. I wasn’t feeling well when I arrived at the boxing club but with such limited time till my fight day I really can’t afford to have an off day. There’s no room for a bad day. Junior Mint pushed me around the ring during pad work, leaving me exhausted, but I thought I was okay. I was wrong.

I leaned over to pick up my mouth guard which I had dropped and I puked. But with my very little already in my tummy it was a whole lotta liquid. I was caught off guard and thank God Junior Mint and the only other person in the club were down getting the laundry cause the sight of me with puke down the front of my Adidas sweater was not a pretty sight.

I quickly tossed off my sweater and no sooner had I did this but Junior Mint stepped back in the club and heckled me for taking a break. I didn’t want to tell him, he’s stressed enough with two of us having upcoming fights and whatnot.

I kept my little puke situation a secret but on the way home I had a heck of a time trying to get that awful acidic taste out of my mouth without drinking any water.


One of my favourite High School Kiddies ended up spotting me on my late night walk home so he ran up to me. We chatted and he ended up walking me all the way home. Sweet kid.

Then, no sooner had I arrived back at Ggum Guum but my landlady opened her door to talk to me. She and her husband both want me to train their young elementary school aged son, so starting Monday he’ll be coming to the boxing club with me.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's a bad day to you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
The future depends on what we do in the present.
-- Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: