As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 13, 2010

'Twas But Five Nights... Monday, December 13

Tonight, after much contemplating and much rolling around in my sheets trying to not think about it, I got up in the middle of the night and chugged TWO LITERS of milk. Yup, that's right. I stood there and drank it. I felt so full. My belly felt like a bloated pig.

And I loved it!!!


Ended up writing this silly little poem about it to amuse myself. It's a spin-off of the classic poem 'Twas The Night Before Christmas.

'Twas But Five Nights

'Twas but five nights before the fight, when all through Ggum Guum
Not a creature was stirring, not even Mi Nam;
The laundry was all done, all hung on the rack,
In hopes that it’d dry despite the heat that lacked;
Amy was nestled all snug on the floor,
With little Mi Nam beside her, oh what a snore;
And with Snickers off in Japan, sleeping in a far away bed,
Visions and cravings of milk danced in Amy’s head;
Then out in the kitchen there arose such a clatter,
Amy sprung from her floor mat to see what was the matter.

Over to fridge she flew to look inside,
Yanked open the door and opened her eyes wide.
The moon in the dust of the dirty Korean night
Proved to be helpless and proved to show no light,
But the fridge light popped on and what should appear,
But two liters of milk, two liters of cold fear.
She knew in a moment she couldn’t deny,
That her uncontrollable cravings just had to die.
More rapid than a beggar her hands grabbed that jug,
And down her throat that milk she did chug.

She then turned chubby and plump, like a jolly old elf,
And she laughed at what she did, in spite of herself;
A wink of her eye and a twist of her head,
She knew she could now soundly go back to bed;
She spoke not a word, but went straight to her floor mat,
She laid back down, with her tummy full and fat;
And laying her finger aside of her nose,
And giving a nod, up her spirits then rose.
She had fed her craving, she had given in,
But what a sight to see if there you would have been.
And despite just days till her next fight,
She rested well cause her cravings finally left her that night.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What do you crave?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.
-- Elie Wiesel

1 comment:

crashcourse said...

Hey Amy,
By reading that I really had the craving myself for a cold glass of milk. See what you started? :) I haven't had a glass of milk by itself in quite a few years that I can think of. :):)

Beth