As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Finders Keepers... Saturday, January 28

I've never been a fan of banks, or handing my money over to anyone for that matter. Even when I was younger I use to stash my money in an envelop I had pinned to the back of my bedroom curtains. I remember I once gutted one of my dolls of all her stuffing and hid all my loose change in her. No one ever clued into my hidding spot either cause to reach that doll high up on the shelf meant you had to either pull up a chair or step up onto the desk.

Later, when I moved away for university, I stumbled across a head bartending job and my creativitey with hiding my money was really tested cause every night I had to take an hour and a half, two bus ride home, carrying anywhere from $300 to $1000 cash in tips on me. The heels of my shoes were hollowed out and the inside padding was peeled away so that I could secretly hide my money in it. And when I arrived home, I'd place my money in a safe I had bought and bolted to the floor. Now days, however, I use a bank account but I still insist on stashing away some of my cash in this and that corner of the house.

Today Snickers and I did a massive house cleaning of Ggum Guum and found all my hidden cash. I knew I had stashed a lot of our foreign currency that we had collected on our trips together but I didn't realize just how much of it I had actually hid away.

Counting six different forms of currency and, not including the coins, we estimated the worth of this lump sum of discovered cash was over four grand. Plan is to take it to the bank asap!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What is money really worth to you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
-- Dorothy Parker

No comments: