As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Love Beats... Thursday, January 20

Not much to write about today. My student cancelled my early morning tutoring no sooner had I woke up and lifted my eyelids to notice that I had slept through my alarm clock, so I had nothing on my schedule today except taking it easy and nursing myself back to health.

Today marked day two of sporting one annoyingly painful neck and today marked two of Snickers sporting one bad cold. I’d like to write that we laid in bed all day but we don’t have a bed, we have a floor mat. We laid on the floor all day. Still not sure as how exactly I pulled a muscle in my neck but I think it goes hand in hand with the scratches on my shoulder and the bruised knee I have – wrestling with Snickers.

Whenever we tell people that both Snickers and I are professional boxers we are always asked the same question, “when you two argue do you fight?” The answer to that is no, when we argue we don’t fight (as in punch each other), instead however we fight for fun.

Yes, it’s true. We are in a physically abusive relationship and we like it… we LOVE it… hahaha.

Snickers and I play wrestle pretty much on a daily bases. It usually starts off with a tickle here, a tickle there, but soon it sparks a full-fledge wrestling match with he trying to pin me down. His notorious move that he leans on is a heel-kick to my legs whereas I go for the more vicious knuckle-stab to the shoulder blade or head. Occasionally I’ll pull a “Tyson” and bite his ear… hahaha.

I must admit, I’ve pulled the dirty “I’m-hurt” girly move before, tricking him into believing that I’m hurt when I’m not, and then go in for a brutal low blow jab to the gut when he’s stopped with looks of concern. It’s a cheap move, I know, but we play with no rules except the one rule being that we aren’t to seriously hurt the other person, well that and no using your nails!

I would never want to hurt Snickers but it sure is fun trying to.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's the point of growing up if I'm having this much fun being young?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
One doesn't have a sense of humor. It has you.
-- Larry Gelbart

No comments: