As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Resolving to Resolutions... Saturday, January 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FINE-FEATHERED FRIENDS!!!

Today, it marking the very first day of 2011, Snickers and I did exactly what we did this day last year. We wrote out our new year resolutions. Ok, so we broke quite a few if not too many of our new year resolutions but I love writing them for the very fact that it gives us a chance to sit down and think about what it is we really hope to aim for.

We had headed out to a coffee shop we've seen numerous times but have never ventured into, and over a hot cup of coffee we sat cozy in the chairs and wrote out our resolutions. There's never a set number of resolutions we aim to create but I try to make mine somewhat measureable. Like last year, one of my resolutions was about continually studying Korean. I bought an agenda the other week and am aiming to only write Korean in it.

Snickers always insists on writing his in Korean and then asking me to translate them into English. I decided to take a stab at writing mine in Korean and then getting him to edit my writing.


After we wrote and rewrote our resolutions, we both signed our half of the resolutions and then shook on it. It's official, our 2011 new year resolutions have been stated and now a copy of them sits starring at us on the fridge where it'll remain for the rest of the year as a reminder.

In less than a month Snickers and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary, so it was nice to write out these resolutions as a married couple as supposed to boyfriend and girlfriend. Wow... I can't believe I've been married for almost a year. Boy does the time fly when you're having fun.

On another note, according to the Korean age system, today ALL of Korea celebrated its' birthday, meaning that I turned 32. I'm only 30 Western age but yikes, realizing today that Korea has aged me with the new year kind of takes kills the thrill of the new year.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What are your plans for 2011?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.
-- James Agate

No comments: