As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Toothless Thursday... Thursday, January 27

I've never been a big fan of the dentist and though one of my main boxing sponsors is the leading dental surgeon in my city, and I'm good to go for free work on my choppers because of him, I still fear the dentist.

I only to the dentist when I get paid to go, no joke. Stickers use to work when I was a little girl but I'm no longer a child so stickers have no pull on me. I never understood why my dentist use to give me a free toothbrush with his name on it. I use to only brush my teeth in the morning and at night but waking up to his name and seeing his name again as the last thing before I went to sleep always annoyed me.

Stickers no longer work and I never cared for the free toothbrush. Now the pull is money. Visits to the dentist, cause he's my sponsor, are accompanied with an envelop of money or some kind of gift.

Snickers went to the dentist today and I just couldn't bring myself to go with him. I knew that he'd be getting a molar pulled so I'd be having to baby him after. I sure as heck wasn't going to sit there and hold his hand through it.
What I wasn't expecting however was him showing up back at Ggum Guum with the very tooth they had pulled out.
"They let you take it home?" I asked him.
"No... I stole it" he replied.

Yup, when no one was looking he leaned over, picked up his tooth and stashed it into his pocket. My natural reaction was to then ask him "Why" but I stopped myself before I did so, after all, it was Snickers I was talking to and many of the things he does can't be explained. So ya, my husband stole his own tooth today.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's something strange you've done lately?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Youth has no age.
- Pablo Picasso

No comments: