As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Unstoppable Sunday... Sunday, January 23

Woke up at the crack of dawn. I had two personal training clients to meet -- one to do a timed run with and another to do a 11km run with.

My first client wasn't able to show up at last minute but I met up with my second client, a funny Korean-American guy who has been busing it in from Seoul so that I can train him. Today was weigh-in day for him so he had to face up to the scale and the measuring tape today. He nervously stepped on the scale, giving me a thousand and one reasons why he thinks the number that will pop up won't be a good one.

"Trust me" I told him, "I've been there, done that. It's called having a boxing match and having your coach weigh you twice a day, every day, for a month."

So there he stood, clinching his fists and bitting his upper lip when all of a sudden he let out a huge yell. He's now in month four now only weigh him on the last week of every month but with it being Christmas last month he ended December on a sour note. Since December however, I've kicked his training up a notch and have been pretty anal with getting him to record all that he eats. He's get a high school reunion to attend to in the summer so that's his due date.

"So how are you going to dress to impress?" I asked him.
"I'm going to go naked" he joked.

Surely going naked will drop jaws but he's planning to drop jaws by showing up after dropping some 60lbs. You see this high school reunion will mark the first time in eight years that he's seen his first love; his high school sweetheart who broke his heart and left him high and dry at prom.

Beyond the perfect revenge, he's also paying me too kick his butt back into shape for the very fact that he's never really been in great shape to start off with but now he's hit an all time low, according to him that is. Plan is to shed 60lbs... he's lost 20lbs already!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What motivates you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: