As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Who Would Have Thunk?!... Tuesday, January 25

Look at us now my fine-feathered friends!!!

Less than two years ago today, who in their wildest dreams would have imagined that today I'd be writing about my first year wedding anniversary... my first year wedding anniversary with Snickers.

It was less than two years ago today that I was writing on my homepage about a certain badboy at my boxing club who made me feel uncomfortable and uneasy, but not in a good way. In a way that left me looking over my shoulders and leaving my wallet at home. Now days though he still leaves me uncomfortable and uneasy, but in a good way. In a way that gives me butterflies in my stomach and a smile from ear to ear that I just can't not wear even when it's too cold to even smile.

Today marked our first year wedding anniversary so I let this this so-called badboy of mine take me to Seoul where we had an eleven hour date.
First it was off to Lotte World for indoor skating. The last time we went here we were just but only boyfriend and girlfriend... "lovers", as Koreans say.

I may be Polish but I am no Polish princess... I'm the queen, hahaha. Snickers may be a badboy but I let him get away with it as long as he's a prince charming for me. Notice he's the one doing up my skates, yup, he's a sweetheart!!!

He's not one really for skating though he has a lot of fun trying. Don't quit your day job baby, stick to boxing.

After tiring our ankles out on the ice rink we got out of our skates and headed to the arcade room. Snickers loves the arcades.
I've never really been one for video games but instead amuse myself by pretending to surprise shoot random people walking by me... hahaha.
Later in the evening we headed over to a massive fish market where there was fish as far as the eyes could see... too much fish if you ask me!!! I quite enjoy fish but don't care to meet and greet my fish prior to swallowing it. Just kill it and grill it, I'll do the eating. Actually, I'd prefer if you just kill it and chop it for me instead.

After picking out what exactly we'd be feasting on, we left the market workers and followed a lady downstairs to a restaurant where our diced up fish then followed shortly after. We had noted to the seller that it was our anniversary. He was excited to hear the news so he surprised us by sending down a massive plate of osters to us at our table... thank you Mr. Smelly Market Man ;)

Can't say I ever cared for osters before but through some red pepper paste with some mashed up garlic on it and dang... that's delish!!!
As for the fish that I had personally picked out -- who I should note I had nicknamed him Sunny -- after the osters he joined us at the table.
He had been sliced and diced in a multitude of pieces.



Yup, Sunny had definitely seen better days but tonight he saw his last. So a big thanks to Sunny who literally gave his life for us. It made for a sunny evening... note the bad pun there, hahaha. You were a delicious buddy to meet and eat... hahaha.

Snickers and I never did exchange gifts, just like with Christmas, but instead spent the whole day and evening (and night for that matter) totally consumed and focused on each other, and it made for a beautiful first year wedding anniversary.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How do you spend your special days?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-- David Viscott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody would've thought you'd be with Snickers two years ago since you were still dating Q.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh I love Lotte World! And the ice skating rink! Your date looks so cute!! Can't say I'm a fan of picking out sea food either. That's why I can never pick out a lobster at seafood restaurants. It feels like they're on death row and I'm sentencing them lol.

-becca