As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, February 04, 2011

Dinner for Two, Made by One... Friday, February 4

Mission for today: Snickers to cook dinner.

This was more or less a mission I gave him after I finally put my foot down on him always insisting on eatting outside of the house, like at his mother's or at a restaurant. Despite Snickers having lived alone with his father for years, he never really did pick up any kind of kitchen skills besides cleaning off the plate in front of him.

I agreed to learn how to cook Korean food with him but he never took me up on my proposal, so today I insisted he goggle a favourite dish of his and cook it. What he goggled was deonjang-jigga (bean soup).

Off we headed to the new Lotte Mart across town where he then loaded up our shopping cart with numerous ingredients. Halfway through shopping he decided to incorporate seafood into his bean soup. I'm not a fan of seafood beyond sushi but I thought I'd go along with it, give it a try.

Fried cow intestines anyone?!

Snickers insisted I relax while he got dinner prepared and who was I to argue with that... hahaha. I sat in the kitchen watching him cook; he cooked half naked which only added to the excitement of him cooking a full meal for me... hahaha.

Mission a success. The meal was delish.

We sat there in the kitchen, enjoying the soup Snickers had prepared to the fullest. And with Snickers in his "teddy bear shorts" and me in my undies and sports bra, we were quite underdressed for the beautiful candlelit meal but it was perfect.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's your specialty in the kitchen?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Whether one eats a cat or not is a personal choice, and I don't want to sway anyone one way or another. But if you do, there is one obvious cooking tip: Always remember to remove the bell from the cat's collar before cooking.
-- Mike Royko

No comments: