As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Job Hunting Killed... Monday, February 28

After what feels like months of seriously stalking Craigslist, WorkNPlay and other Korean job Internet sites, and agreeing to several interviews, I finally came to a decision about work.

I scored that daycare job in Bundang that I was really hoping to land, so I'm stoked about that. It'll be my main job. I've decided to drop my early morning Samsung tutoring and I've picked up an afternoon job, 3 days a week.


One of the requirements for the daycare job is that I get a health check, so I spent my morning getting poked, probed, measured, and eyed for that. As for my afternoon, Snickers and I headed out to one final interview; an interview for an afternoon job that I later on today accepted. I have a couple of days of training and orientation for my daycare job but because the new school semester starts at the begining of March, this means my afternoon job will start in two days.

My days of lesuirely sleeping the hours away and having only my training on my mind are over come this Wednesday!!! Dang. I guess I can't really complain though considering the mad cash flow that these two gigs will bring in. With all my money means combined (sponsors, personal training, daycare, and the afternoon academy) I will have officially doubled the salary Dankook use to pay me and I will have tripled the amount of cash I pulled in when I first arrived in Korea... nice!!!

Regardless of the sweet money that will be rolling my way, I am really looking forward to working at the daycare. Am a bit apprehensive about the afternoon daycare though; they're a bit choking with all the books and what not they expect me to teach. I miss the freedom of tutoring already and the pure freedom the Asan church classes allowed me. I don't know, can't really say anything concrete about it yet cause I'll know better come Wednesday. I will say this though with regards to this job, it will feel strange to work with foreigners again but it'll be pretty sweet to have my own personal classroom.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Is your cup half full or half empty?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself.
-- Chinese Proverb

No comments: