As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One Up for UP... Tuesday, February 22

Today's plan centered on a professional boxing tournament and because it was out in Seoul there wasn't much time left to day to fit in any other kinds of plans. However, I did manage to get in a good 11km, mind ya that was at midnight.

Anyways, we were out in Seoul today.

Today the Cheonan Bulldog had a fight and besides Junior Mint and the other UP boxer competiting, Snickers and I were the only ones who were able to show up to show our support. Snickers acted as an assistant corner coach and I stood by as one very loud fan... hahaha.
It was an anticipated victory by Junior Mint's mind but he definitely wasn't impressed with the Cheonan Bulldog's win. He hadn't listened to many of Junior Mint's calls and yelling, so the Cheonan Bulldog stepped out of the ring to one very frustrated coach. Regardless, it was a win and I was happy for him.

Him winning his fight means that he'll be competiting yet again, on Thursday, so he'll have to keep his weight down for game weigh-in... brutal! He had weigh-in yesterday for today's game, so he got to eat but with him now being 3kgs over the game weight, he had no choice but to head out for a long run while coach and his friend sat down to eat dinner.

Tomorrow another UP Boxing Club boxer will be competiting, I don't plan on attending, I need a break from Seoul driving, but I will be back on Thursday.

Congrats to the Cheonan Bulldog and, no matter what Junior Mint says, a win is a win so be proud.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
How brutal is it to have to make two weigh-ins within days of each other?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Just do it.
-- Nike

No comments: