As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

An Overdose of Love for $8... Saturday, February 5

With Snickers looking like the finest thing to grace the streets of Cheonan and me in my hip-hugging blue jeans, we scooted around downtown for one of our mini dates. We headed over to the Cheonan traditional market where we did some snuggled up on the outdoor benches to sample some sizzling street food. Delish.

Then we cuddled up in the car, I on his lap, and listened to Alicia Keys sing away; we're both big fans of her. Cuddling in the car was then brought to Ggum Guum where I made a cup of my famous "Mocha Love" for Snickers and a cup of my "Coco Mocho" for me -- don't ask me for the receipe cause I'd have to kill ya if I told ya... hahaha. A hot cup of Mocha Love and Coco Mocho always prove to be quite the dynamic duo and they always score me mad kisses from the drinker of it, hence why I only make it for Snickers. It's a potent cup of mocha, chocolate, coffee, and a whole lotta love. Sweet on your lips, warm in your belly, and tingly in your heart kind of love.

The date was supposed to include a movie but we ended up lying on the floor and chit chatting the evening away. Snickers and I are both very affectionate towards each other so of course our chatting was accompanied by cuddling. We're still very much in the honeymoon stage of our relationship though we've been like this ever since our first kiss, almost two years ago now.

I love my mini dates with Snickers, he always makes simple activities so fun and he's so adorable. Only he can make a simple walk downtown feel like a romantic scene from a movie but this is so much better than a movie cause this is real life, my life. And when all the characters go home, the scripts are put away, and the lights are turned out, it is me who is left lying beside my handsome Prince Charming in our tucked away hide-away downtown with my cute little doggie snoring beside us. I wouldn't say that I have a fairy tale life but I wouldn't trade my life in for the life of most people I know.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
If you weren't you, would you want to be you?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-- David Viscott

No comments: