As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ramblings for Today... Sunday, February 13

Yesterday marked my dad’s birthday so I called him today to give him my birthday wishes. I was apprehensive about calling him though when I suddenly got an email from him. It was a one-liner email titled “URGENT”.

My mom is sick again. By God’s grace she was miraculously healed the first time so I’m praying that he’ll do the same again. I remember the day I first found out my mother had cancer. I was so shocked I just sat there. I sat there for a good hour in complete silence and then I totally broke down and cried. I remember the day I found out she was cancer-free. My cousin Randy called me and after our talk I dropped the phone, jumped up and down in pure joy and then cried tears of joy. Today that same complete silence greeted me again. Snickers came home about an hour after I had called my parents and I was still sitting there in silence.

Got news that my brother is getting married on September 10 this year, which I thought rather funny because of what September 10 is. It’s only the weekend right before the Chuseok holiday here in Korea, which means the only other holiday that I dread here (the Lunar New Year being the first), I’ll be successfully dodging it this year… hahaha.

As for my brother’s wedding, he’ll be marrying his bride on a beach down south, in the States, which I can only assume will be incredibly beautiful and intimate. Am definitely looking forward to is as is Snickers. I think he’s a bit too excited about putting another stamp in his passport… hahaha.

“I love Robbie!” he blurted out when I told him about my brother’s wedding news. Only a Korean man would so freely say a thing like that. I remember the first time he said this. He said it during dinner one day and I nearly choked on my food. “Don’t be saying things like that” I told him. “If you weren’t married to me people would think you’re gay!”

Tomorrow I’ll be having my much anticipated for second interview at the hospital out in Seoul.

In other unrelated rambling news, Mi Nam has dropped a bit of weight in the past week. He went from weighing-in at a healthy 9.9kgs to weighing-in at a sickly-looking 8.4kgs so Snickers and I are trying to fatten him up and quickly too. I don’t know if he’s sick or not but you can feel his ribs easily when you pet him so I’m worried. As much as Snickers dispised Mi Nam when he first met him, Snickers knows that if anything ever happened to Mi Nam I’d be devastated, so he’s really been trying hard to warm up to Mi Nam and help out with looking after him. Mi Nam, being a somewhat mama’s boy, still refuses to go to the front door when Snickers tells him he’s going to take him for a walk.

I still haven’t gotten around to answering many of your comments on my homepage, sorry about that. I read and appreciate every and all comments so please be patient. I heart comments ;)

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What miracle has touched your life?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Everyday holds the possibility of a miracle.
-- Elizabeth David

No comments: