As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Strange But True... Sunday, February 6

Odd materialistic things that Snickers and I share…

1. My pink house coat

2. My brown yoga pants – but only in the house

3. Snickers' socks

4. Shower time– yes, in addition to training together and spending so much time together, we also take showers together about twice a week

5. Winter jacket – for the longest time I was wearing his jacket, I love it, but we ended up buying me the same jacket out in Seoul, only difference being the size and color.

6. American Express card – only in Korea can he sign with a foreign girl’s name and get away with it

7. Deodorant – we only do this a couple of times in the summer and it started partly because Koreans don’t exactly wear it so buying it isn’t so easy and he was curious about it

8. Tweezers – he does my eyebrows and I trim his. I also pluck stray random hairs on his chin that he missed with his razor

9. Cell phone – we both have an Optimus cell phone but we often use each other’s cell

10. And the one thing that we share that is sure to gross some people out is we share the same toothbrush, though he refuses to use my Crest toothpaste and instead insists on using his nasty pasty paste.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Sharing means caring, right?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.
-- Erica Jong

No comments: