As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Touch My Carbs and Die!!!... Saturday, February 19

I eat 5-6 times a day, sometimes even 7 times if I’m having a really long day, so eating every 2.5 to 3 hours means I’m never quite full but never really hungry. My belly is always content. However, I eat when I’m bored and now that I have way too much time on my hands, I’ve had to come up with a lot of creative ways and distractions from keeping myself away from the kitchen. I try to keep the house temptation-treat friendly, meaning I try not to buy dangerously delish, naughty, body-killing snackies, but it’s hard when your friend owns a Paris Baguette (bakery) and Snickers is always bringing goodies into the house.

And beyond boredom being my enemy, my inability to stop myself or limit myself to just one piece of this or that dangerously delish treat is another one of my enemies.

Grain products, any and all, that are in my house pose a challenge to me on a daily bases because I do love my grains. Pita crackers, rice, biscuits, cookies, cereal, and even oatmeal seem to sit haunting me from the kitchen shelf.

I am a grain-junkie… hahaha. I crave carbs like a fat kid craves Smarties. Touch my carbs and die... hahaha.

Snickers is a sweet-tooth junkie… hahaha.

I’ve been trying to distract myself from indulging in grains by keeping my water bottle by me at all times but it’s hard when I’m sitting beside Snickers and he’s nibbling on random sweets. I never really had a sweet tooth but he’s converting me and it’s killing me.

Lays Potato Chips’ motto is “bet ya just can’t eat one” and though I can eat only one potato chip and feel no pull to eat another, I struggle when he opens a box of crackers or cooks up a full rice cooker full of rice.

I crave rice?!... yup, strange as it sounds but I am just as happy eating a bowl of rice as the average person is eating a bowl of ice cream. I prefer brown rice but will eat white rice cause it’s hard to resist it’s aroma filling up the house. And as bland as you may assume it tastes, I have been known to eat a full loaf of bakery bread in one sitting... oh gosh… hahaha.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What do you crave?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are.
-- Adelle Davis

No comments: