As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 14, 2011

All a Blur... Monday, March 14

As it stands, my Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are jam packed to the brim, leaving me with very little free time.

The Comings and Goings of Today:

4:30am -- Snickers arrived home from work. I scored a back massage while we chatted.
5:00am -- Went back to sleep for an hour.

6:00am -- Woke up, ate breakfast, prepared today's on-the-go meals, and got dressed.
6:50am -- Ran out the door to catch my 7am bus to Bundang.

7:50am -- Arrived in Bundang, took the subway one stop and then walked to work.
8:15am -- Arrived at the daycare (start work at 8:30am)
2:00pm -- Finished work at the daycare so off I ran to catch my bus to my part time job.

2:20pm -- Arrived at my part time job (start work at 2:30pm).
6:30pm -- Finished work so off I ran to get the city bus and then the 7:10pm Cheonan bus.

8:10pm -- Arrived in Cheonan, ran home to change clothes, then headed off to boxing.
8:40pm -- Arrived at boxing and trained.
10:10pm -- Finished boxing, headed home and took Mi Nam out for a walk.

12:00am -- Finally called it a night.

I study Korean on the bus route to Bundang, review my lesson plan on the city bus to my part time job and then I eat my second last meal on the bus ride home from Bundang to Cheonan.

This leaves me with a total of an hour and a half of free time, 10:30pm to 12am.

I can't complain though, it means I've tripled my original paycheck I used to get when I first arrived in Korea and doubled my former Dankook paycheck. It was my choice to make such a crazy schedule. Thankfully my Tuesday and Thursday workdays end at 2pm and my weekends are completely schedule-free.

Ironically, now that I'm making more money, I'm too busy and too preoccupied to go out and spend the money that I'm making. Of course the sole purpose of racking in the cash is to set us up nicely for our move to Canada but I thought we'd honestly end up spending more. Snickers and I have stayed true to our weekly free-spending allowance we both have but because we're so busy, we've both have barely touched our allowance. Honestly, making a weekly allowance, which Snickers refers to as "secret money" was the best thing we've ever come up with for saving money. We've alloted various sums for things like utilities, rent, transportation and so forth but our secret money ($50 for each of us) has been really going good. At first I thought having my spending ways restricted would drive me mental but it's been... well, fun. Last week I only spent $20 of my secret money, so I had the remaining $30 carry into this week. Snickers hids his secret money so it's been entertaining trying to search it out... hahaha. The other day I found $10 of his and he wrestled me for a good ten minutes to get it back... hahaha.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What do you do to get ahead?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.

-- Author Unknown

No comments: