As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Boy-Bonding... Wednesday, March 2

I started a 3 days a week afternoon part time job today, so I rushed off to Bundang to for orientation day, leaving Snickers home alone with Mi Nam.

"Be nice to each other" I told them as I left the house.

I clearly am the apple of Mi Nam's eye and it's so obvious he's a mama's boy because despite frequent walks with Snickers, Mi Nam still poses quite the challenge to get him out the door when Snickers walks him. Snickers doesn't let Mi Nam on our bed blanket but we all know that when he's in the shower Mi Nam runs to join me on it. Our couch is another no-no for Mi Nam but when I'm home alone I let him curl up with me on it. Human food is also a no-no but I often sneak Mi Nam some of Snickers' cooked rice when Snickers is not in the room or not home.

Anyways,...

So when I left the house I crossed my fingers and hoped to God that I'd come back to find my house still in tack, Mi Nam alive and wagging his tail, and Snickers not looking like he's about to pull out all his hair.

What I didn't expect however was exactly what greeted me when I returned to Ggum Guum. I walked in and a sweet smelling Mi Nam and a big grinning Snickers greeted me at the door... together. Turns out that instead of taking Mi Nam to the groomers Snickers had Mi Nam jump in the shower with him. But before they did some splishing and splashing in the bathroom, Snickers took Mi Nam to the new vet I had been itching to introduce Mi Nam to because of him having lost weight recently. The vet said there was nothing to worry. I guess all our horse-playing and running around outside is a little much for a French bulldog -- a bred of dog that's not exactly a high-active dog -- so the vet suggested more food and less exercise. Less exercise?! Hahaha... what person wouldn't love to hear that?!

So Mi Nam and Snickers went to the vet together, had a shower together, went for an afternoon stroll around the block (a stroll by which Mi Nam scored some ice cream during), and then they cuddled up on the couch for an afternoon movie... must be nice!!!

And as if that wasn't shocker enough, when it came time for us all to go to sleep, instead of Mi Nam going to his little separate bed to snooze away the night, he laid beside Snickers on the floor. They had had a packed day of venturing around town and playing together so they ended up falling asleep before me. I turned to Snickers when I went to go turn off the light and what should I see but he and Mi Nam holding hands.

Oh gosh. I wanted them to bond but this is kind of weird... hahaha.
QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Who do you prefer Mi Nam, Snickers or me?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I used to look at (my dog) Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to
-- Fred Jungclaus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, I love both of you guys, four-legs-guy is included! It's a party of 3 and you really look like a lovely family! and with the news of Mi-Nam and hubby being closer I couldnt be happier :) I guess how u feel.. uhuhuh...
Stay cool great girl.

Fabi