As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Scooter Weather!!!... Saturday, March 12

Shots from my scooter ride out in the country side, among the cows and rice farms, with Snickers. With today's weather being such a sweet sure sign that spring is oh so close, we definitely took advantage of the good weather and broke in Maximus for 2011.

Not too sure where exactly it was that we drove to, we had no real destination except for getting out of the city.
We ended up swinging by Snickers' old highschool in Mokcheon, where he then entertained me with his bad boy stories and how he took up smoking by bullying the smaller students for their money.

I myself was never really bullied or the bully but I had my own stories about such situations cause I was a bit of a troublemaker. I always got away with it though cause I was always the smallest kid. I was the cute girl that went to church; the girl no one expected anything bad from. But I did my far share of stirring up trouble, like when a particular girl in my grade five class stole my gum balls. I knew it was her but had no real proof and after her stealing them two times in one week I was ticked. My parents didn't really allow me to eat gum so I stashed it in my desk at school and ate it when I went for bed time.

The teachers couldn't help me and I wasn't about to wait for kharma to take it's toll, so I decided to take matters into my own hands by bringing my brother's paintball gun pellets to school and wrapping them up in the same little baggy I had put my gum in. She fell for my bait, ended up with a mouth full of hot pink paint for all to see, and I was quite proud of it all though at the time I didn't dare admit that I had pulled such a stunt. And because she had stolen them from my desk, she couldn't exactly rat me out.


Next stop on our scooter drive was a quite little place located just outside of The Independence Hall.

Snickers had to go to work at 7:30pm so we headed back to Cheonan for dinner out at one of our favourite restaurants and then off to work he went. Day date finished.

I like our little day dates... I love them actually. Tomorrow Snickers has the day off so I'm anticipating another date tomorrow. Perhaps a movie date.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
What's so fun about always being good?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: