As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 01, 2011

A Foolishy Packed Friday... Friday, April 1

Honestly, the past few weeks have flew by me in speeds off the radar and now it’s officially April. I can’t believe it. It hit me today while I was traveling on the bus home from Bundang. I went from tutoring an hour a day to working 5 to 11 hours a day, depending on the day. It’s not so bad. Only Monday I work eleven hours but that’s because I’ve decided to work three jobs on Mondays – 5 hours at the daycare, 4 hours at the private academy and then 2 hours of private tutoring.

I’ve been faithful and ultra-dedicated to my boxing but it’s been hard to get out for runs because of my tight schedule – a schedule that leaves very little room for extra things let alone time to breath, or so it feels like it. The theme of my days has been go-go-go. Consequently, I being so on the go means I’ve been eating so much more than ever. Missing a meal is a definite no-no, especially if it’s a meal in the morning because those mini-Koreans at my daycare will wear me down to the core if I didn’t get fueled up with food and tons of water.


A glimpse of just how packed my day was today…


6:30am -- Meal 1 (at home): protein-packed blueberry omelet.
6:55am – Did a 500m dash to the bus terminal to get the 7am bus to Bundang.

9am – Meal 2 (with my mini Koreans): yogurt with bananas mixed into it.

9:30-11:30am – play, play, play with 19 mini Koreans.

12-1pm – Outdoor play with about 40 mini Koreans. Played soccer and tag.

1pm – Meal 3 (with my mini Koreans): chicken, rice, veggie soup, and mixed veggies.

2pm – 1500m dash to get my bus to the academy

4pm – Meal 4 (in between classes): non-fat yogurt with mixed nuts in it

7pm – Meal 5 (on the bus ride home): sauteed chicken and tomatoes.

8:30pm – returned to Cheonan and then race off to boxing.

10pm – Meal 6 (at home): 3 egg whites + 1 yoke and sautéed mushrooms.

11pm – Returned to boxing to help coach clean up and do the laundry.

2am – Woke up and realized I was STILL at the boxing club… oh gosh.

3am – Woke up again. Finally convinced myself to get up and go home.


Think this sounds crazy, then I guess you wouldn't want to hear my Monday schedule -- leave the house at 6:55am and don't return home from work until 11:40pm... yikes. No boxing on Mondays cause of the craziness of that day's schedule.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Is it worth it?


QUOTE OF THE DAY...

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

-- Author Unknown

No comments: