As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Temporary Escape... Tuesday, April 5

Tuesdays are my Saturdays. I only work at the daycare on Tuesdays and because it follows an insanely busy Monday, it is a much needed short day. To be able to call it a day after only five hours of work feels incredible considering my Mondays now consist of 11 hours of work, 5 bus rides, 4 different subway trains, and one taxi ride -- one taxi ride I should note that I almost went buck style on the driver's head yesterday when he told me I couldn't eat my chicken wrap in his car cause he said it smelled back.

Got out of the taxi, paid him and then couldn't resist saying "Actually it's you that smells". It was the brutal truth.


"Amy, strain your mouth" I so often tell myself... hahaha.


Anyways... back to today's talk...

Tuesdays are better than Saturdays because even though I don't work on Saturdays and I also work only five hours on Thursdays, they're a much needed break after my Monday and Saturdays aren't very relaxing consisting so many people have it off too. Weekends in Korea are like Toronto's Christmas Eve -- plenty of lines and lots of traffic. Even stopping at the instant bank machines means the likelihood of having to wait in line. So much for instant.

Arriving back in Cheonan, I'm greeted by Snickers eagerly waiting for me at the bus terminal. Usually he comes with Mi Nam but with Mi Nam being somewhat bedridden he came alone today. No sooner do I arrive back in Ggum Guum and kiss my baby Mi Nam on the forehead but Snickers is itching for me to go on a day date with him.


Today's day date was a short but sweet one. We picked up some of the oh-so-delish egg bread and cruised on over to one of our favorite hotspots in Cheonan. And with me in my Puma jacket and Snickers in his thick coat, we laid in the grass, enjoyed the egg bread and the sunshine.


QUESTION OF THE DAY...

Where do you escape to?


QUOTE OF THE DAY...

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

-- Author Unknown

No comments: