As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Baby Angel Entertains the Subway Crowd... Tuesday, December 4


In a last ditch effort to try to stretch my time with Pacquiao (because today he was leaving us), I ended up leaving the house way too late.  And, of all days, it was super icy outside so Snickers was fishtailing all over the roads as we scurried to the station.  

I had to catch the 8:15am subway, there were no ifs, ands or buts about it.  I had class at 9:30am out in Suwon and the 8:15am fast train was my only chance at getting there on time.  We arrived at the station at exactly 8:15am and just as I was about to slouch in my seat and mumble, Snickers noted that the subway hadn’t arrived yet – it was late, just like me!  I jumped out of the van and bolted it to the stairs.  And in my leather stiletto boots I raced up 20-some stairs, swiped my subway card and then raced down the 20-some steps to the train platform.  Just as I swiped my card I hear the subway arrive and that’s when I heard Snickers screaming at me. 

“Run my lady… run, run, run.  RUN BABY ANGEL!!!”

I made it and as the door just barely closed on me I let out a big sigh of relief and that’s when I got a clapping applause from those in my subway car.  I gave a little bow as a joke and when I went to look for a free seat, a guy across from me called out to me, “Seat here… Baby Angel.”  

No comments: