As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 18, 2019

A lot on My Plate... Monday, November 18

Owner and coach of Empowered Clubhouse.
Designer of Baa Baa Black Sheep.
Creator of the Lil' Sistas Project.
Designer of Slay Gear.

1 website for Empowered Clubhouse to manage.
1 website for Baa Baa Black Sheep to create and run.
1 manufacturer for Baa Baa Black Sheep to produce my line.
2 manufacturers for Slay Gear, one in Pakistan and one in China.
76 Lil' Sistas to coach and mentor.
2 residences for the Lil' Sistas for me to travel to.
2 sets of staff for the Lil' Sistas for me to stay in touch with.
14 fighters to coach. 
2 small teams to coach.
1 clothing drive to manage and collect for.
1 former business in Korea to still deal with. 
1 Lil' Sista apprentice program launching. 
1 Sole Sistas +1 running team to work out.

So when people say I "should just do this or that" for my business, I'm always curious as to where they think I'll find the time, the energy or the money when everything I already have is being 100% put into what I'm doing. 

I should repost this.  Repost this as what appears to be me venting but actually isn't. 

I just wish people, instead of telling me what I "should just do", as if it's so easy and as if I'm not already doing a lot, would just take it upon themselves and do it.  Do it for me, do it as a kind gesture, do it and then don't say anything.  

No comments: