As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Action Packed Boxing... Sunday, November 24

Just recently I had a few pairs of target mitts, focus pads, donated to Empowered for the Lil' Sistas so today I brought them today for the girls to use.   I know not all the girls are into boxing or into sports for that matter so I try to give little jobs and roles to those who are as such.  Whether it's being the DJ and doing the music, helping with the equipment or being the camerawoman, I try to get everyone involved.  

Today I added a new role to the list -- pad holder.

I didn't think a lot would volunteer to do the role but surprisingly enough, many put their hand up and waved it eagerly, all hoping I'd pick them.  I picked ten of them for the job and then designated two of them to hold my personal pair of target mitts that are a little more advanced for them to use.  I had one of my team coaches use a pair and then another girl who usually asks to be my camerawoman. 

My assistant Belle came with me today and today almost all the girls were present.  

We had a little over 40 Lil' Sistas for boxing today, 10 pad holders, 2 team coaches, 1 assistant, 30+ fighters, and me, the main coach.

No comments: