As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Behind-the-Scenes Planning... Saturday, November 16

If there's one thing I love doing it's coaching.  I love, love, LOVE coaching and today, waking up only a few hours sleep and wishing I had slept in more and drank more coffee, as soon as my small team members showed up, it was like I was instantly refreshed.  

My Saturday small team consists of three fighters.  I call them the Honey Bees because they're all super sweet ladies but, like bees, they do have a sting to them.  Their sting is with their punches.  They may be all smiley and giggly but damn do some of them just whale on that heavy bag and know how to throw their body weight.  

After coaching, I spent most of my afternoon and evening planning the HUGE Lil' Sistas Christmas event and then I post it on Facebook.  Their wish lists are super expensive and so I'm going to have to call in a miracle here to even get half the things checked off.

Biggest items on the lists include 26 mattresses, a commercial coffee machine and a heavy duty wash machine.  

I got the 26 mattresses covered -- I have a donor!!!

I actually have two people working on possibly getting a commercial coffee machine and so that's amazing news.  I posted something on my community's Facebook page, asking about a shop recommendation for one of the items on the Wish List, and one of my fighters step forward to donate a chunk of cash for it!  And, not only did they donate money but they also called out the community and asked if anyone would like to jump in and help make this Christmas event possible.

For those interested in helping out, please CLICK HERE for the Facebook event page.  Please note that those located outside of the Philippines MOST DEFINITELY can get involved and help make this event happen.  It's going to be a huge event, hence the name, but it's not going to be possible unless people step up and help out.

No comments: