As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 29, 2019

Canada Bound, it's Official... Friday, November 29

It's official, at 7:58pm I got my plane ticket to Canada.  It's a direct flight, a first for me. 

In 22 days I'll be back on Canadian soil.

I didn't tell my family though, am holding off for a bit because I don't know my plans yet.

Today a package of letters for my Lil' Sistas came from Toronto so I got a delivery scooter to come pick them up and send them off.  I'll be seeing all of my Lil' Sistas one last time before I head to Canada and I'll be getting them to sign a card for the girls at MJKO Boxing in Toronto, the girls who are a part of the Snail Mail Program.  I'll be then hand delivering the card to the girls at MJKO.  I'm super eager to meet them and take pictures of them and perhaps even some short videos too for the Lil' Sistas here in the Philippines.  I wish I could introduce them to each other but of course that's close to impossible.  Meeting them and snapping some quick videos of them will be pretty cool though.  In my head, I have it already mapped out, them addressing their Lil Sista in the video and sharing with them a New Years wish for them. 

I think I'm most excited about meeting the young amateur female fighters at MJKO.

I'm also excited to see my paster and the whole entire congregation at Grant African Church.  I miss my moments of inspiration from Rev, the hugs and smiles of those in the church, and the amazing voices of the choir.

It's also in my plans to of course train at System Fitness and then do a little walk down memory lane with checking out Snakes & Lattes, the late night game/coffee shop Skittles and I use to visit to work on our business plans, back when our trip to the Philippines was just a three month visit in our head.  

As for where I'll be spending my Christmas, I have absolutely no idea.  

No comments: