As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Good News, Big News... Thursday, November 14

Headed off to the Center of Hope today for a morning meeting.

SUCCESS!!!

They finally approved my proposal to hire a Lil' Sista for a live-in assistant for Empowered.
They approved my request to make them a small boxing training space at their center.
They addressed my request for their Christmas Wish List.
They agreed to a date for me to host a Christmas party for the Lil' Sistas. 

I was super excited to hear their positive news and approvals but now that means a lot of work for me.  There's a lot of legalities and renovations at Empowered that has to happen before I hire a Lil' Sista and now I have to work on getting donations and whatnot for the small training space and Christmas Wish List.  I'll also have to figure out the whole volunteer situation and plan their party.  Of course I'm also doing a Christmas party and Christmas Wish List for my other group of Lil' Sistas, those who live at Holy Family Home, so I have twice the work load here on my shoulders.

I may have actually bit off a lot more than I can chew here, I'm fully aware of it, but where there's a will there's a way.  No to find that way!

No comments: