As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

I Don't Do Fake for Followers... Saturday, November 30

I vented to one of my fighters today, confided in her over a situation that recently happened that really ate me up inside and had beyond pissed off.  Her advice was to let it all out and then get over it. 

A self-proclaimed influencer who disrespected the Lil' Sistas Project.

And there, right here, I'm done talking about it.

This is me getting over it, leaving her to karma, after all, things could be worse.  I could be her. 

But I want to touch bases on this term "influencer" I mean, what does it really mean.  Is it based on the number of followers or likes you have on social media.  But now days many people are buying followers and likes, so does that count or are they the exception? 

I don't have a crazy amount of followers on my Instagram page or Facebook fan page but I do have a good percentage of them being locals here in the Philippines who always message me and run into me all over the place.  So is engagement a factor at play here and what weight does the hold in comparison to likes and followers?

10,000 followers but 10 engagements or 1,000 followers but 10 engagements.  Which is better?

I don't honestly care about the number of followers on my social media.  I used to though, back before I started my Lil' Sistas, but then I realized a solid percentage of the people I wanted to make an impact on don't even have social media -- my Lil' Sistas. 

No comments: