As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Preworkout Problem... Thursday, November 28

I woke up today at 5am for a 6am client.  
I had rugby practice at 8pm to 10pm.

In between waking up and then going to bed, I had a packed day when really it was suppose to be my day off.  It never really is a day off for me, come to think of it.  By the time I had to get ready for rugby I was spent.  I was seriously so tired so I had another cup of coffee.

It was my fourth cup of coffee and it absolutely had no effect on me. 

Popped a preworkout at 7pm.  

I vouch I had to.  I was so spent.  I had been up for 14hours and in one hour I was expected to be running around on the field, keeping up with my teammates and giving 100% to practice.  That just wasn't going to happen, hence the preworkout pill.  I will say that I very rarely take one because I very rarely have to take one.  Tonight was one of those rare moments though.  

Returned home from rugby around 10:45pm absolutely wired.

I showered, I ate, I did a load of laundry,.. I even took Rousey's dog cage apart to wipe it down and vacuum it,.. and then I kept on going at it, cleaning till about 2am!

Finally decided to try to go to sleep around 2:20am. 

I have to be up by 5am.

Tomorrow is going to be rough.

Note to self, don't take preworkout even if I think it's a must.  It's never a real must.

No comments: