As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Coolest Wedding... Saturday, November 23

I may have just went to the coolest wedding ever.

Met the coolest nuns ever this week and then the coolest wedding ever.  It's been a cool few days.

At this particular ultra cool wedding, they had games and not just games but traditional games for all the guests to play during cocktail hour and then games during the actual wedding reception.  They played a trivia game so I decided to join it because, well, to be totally honest, I didn't think a lot of people would participate because it meant logging online on your phone. 

A few minutes later and there were something like 87 of us playing!!! That's bonkers!

I didn't win the trivia game, I guessed at all the questions but they were questions about the couple, like where they met, so it was super cute.  I used to coach the bride actually and she's one of Skittles' cousins, so I know she's a fun loving girl.  I didn't expect games at her wedding though but I absolutely loved, loved, LOVED it!!! 

I think the ultimate cool factor of this wedding though was when the bride and groom were first introduced.  They came out and then went straight to the band setup at the side of the front area.  The bride picked up the drumsticks and started a beat.  The groom sat down at the drum set and started playing. 

#coolcouplegoals

They also had a live rock band play and they played some really cool songs that the crowd absolutely loved and got up to dance to.

No crazy long speeches.
No staged picture moments.
No fake feelings or pushed moments.

This wedding was full of real heartfelt moments and lots and lots of fun.

No comments: