As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Struggle to Juggle... Sunday, November 17

A few things people don't know about me, I fight anxiety on the daily and I am constantly struggling to push myself out of feeling overwhelmed. 

I've got Baa Baa Black Sheep.Ph which means I'm busy designing the clothes, dealing with the manufacturer, snapping pictures for it and then designing the entire website by myself.

I've got Slay Gear, my boxing gear line, and just recently I'm dealing with major issues regarding my Pakistan supplier so I've hired a new manufacturer in China to take over the production of my gloves.  I'm still with Pakistan for my hand wraps though, so now I'm juggling two manufacturers in two different countries.

I've got Empowered Clubhouse, and I'm busy training 14 fighters and continually fixing up the clubhouse and managing all it means to have a physical space for my company. 

I've got the Lil' Sistas Project, so that's 76 underprivileged girls I coach and mentor, 10 of which are involved in my Snail Mail Project with 10 young amateur female fighters at MJKO Boxing Club in Toronto, Canada.  This Christmas I'm hosting a Christmas party for both the residences where the Lil' Sistas live so I'm juggling organizing two parties as well as trying to get others to help check off their Christmas Wish Lists that range from 26 mattresses and a commercial coffee machine to a stand up heavy bag and one sewing machine.  

I've got the Acacia Sole Sistas +1 Running Team that I host on Saturday mornings but I've put it on hold for the simple fact that the commitment of the community is lacking and that's discouraging.  Right now, I don't need the discouragement, I've got too much going on, too much to lose.

And then there's the fact that I'm debating and wanting to adopt a fourth dog.

And, of course, I am trying to sign for a fight.  I've been told to be fight ready for January.

And... the rugby touch league has started up and my next tournament is in 2 weekends from now.

I've put training with the national rugby team off till January because something had to give and it's simply not my priority right now so it was the first to be kicked off my schedule.

No comments: