As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 02, 2019

Blasting Some Solid Beats... Monday, December 2

First rule of working out is never to miss a Monday.

Found out, upon arriving at the boxing club that is, that Coach Marcelo is away today.  Actually, he might be away till Friday.  A heads up would have been nice after all it does take me 35-40 minutes to travel there one way, plus the annoyance of trying to get an Angkas in the first place.

Frustrations 101.

Looks like I won't be heading to the boxing club till either this weekend or next Monday.


I rather just save the time and money of traveling and train at my boxing club, thanks. 

But anyways, I was already there and I wasn't about to waste the time and effort it took to get there.  I was definitely going to get in a workout, coach or no coach.  



On a scale of 1 to 10, how much does music affect your training? 

These days I don't get to pick the music at training like I used to. Either the club's internet doesn't work or someone else is blasting their [often annoying] music. I'm kind of particular with what music I like to train to. I like either old school hip hop or gangsta beats. I'm not really into pop and I'm definitely not into dance or anything that has no lyrics to it.


Thankfully, I got to change the music playing today and I can't even tell you how much of a difference that made to my training, wow.  Music is super important to my training. It provides the background energy that gets me in the zone for training. 


MY TOP 5 OLD SKOOL BEATS:
1. Can't Hold Me Down -- Diddy and Mase
2. Paid in Full -- Eric B & Rakim
3. 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted -- 2Pac & Snoop Dogg
4. Get It On The Floor -- DMX
5. The Humpty Day -- Digital Underground

MY TOP 5 GANGSTA' GIRL BEATS:
1. The Rain -- Missy Elliott
2. Next Level -- A$ton Wyld
3. ICY GRL -- Saweetie
4. Fly -- Nicki Minaj (featuring Rihanna)
5. Started -- Iggy Azalea

No comments: