As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, December 01, 2019

Will Work for Shoes... Sunday, December 1

It's officially December now; the very last month of the year.

Writing that gives me such anxiety and instantly starts some big countdowns. 

14 days to make the first Lil' Sistas Christmas party happen -- at Holy Family Home.
20 days to make the second Lil' Sistas Christmas party happen -- at the Center of Hope.
21 days to prepare everything here and everything for my visit to Canada. 

Bought new shoes for Canada, my "paychecks" for the past two months.  By "paycheck" I'm referring to the fact that I don't actually take a paycheck from Empowered right now.  I put it all back into building my business and my brand.  Having said this though, I've been "treating myself" to a new pair of shoes for every month that the clubhouse has been opened.  I'm still owed November's "paycheck" but I'm anticipating stacking it with December so that I can get some much needed new boxing boots.  It's been three years since I last got boxing boots and mine are beyond rough.

No comments: