As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 09, 2020

Doggies and Rugby Mates... Thursday, January

Doggies to the vet and then me to rugby.

Just as predicted, I knew it was too good to be true.  Cassius and Balboa are back trying to search out and destroy each other.  I can't tell you how discouraging, upsetting and frustrating this is making me.  I thought they were good, yesterday they were great, but today I stopped a fight between them that left me in tears, sitting on the floor, cradling Cassius and scared that his injuries were bad.  Just a bad cut on his mouth, Balboa too, but man did that bleed like a mofo!!!  And, Cassius being all white, it looked so bad.  I heard them fighting from upstairs so I rushed down.  There they were, fighting.  Cassius covered in so much blood.

Time to talk to the trainer again because this isn't working out and now this is getting scary. 

In other news, I returned to rugby tonight.  Yesterday it was boxing, today it was rugby.  Great to see my rugby mates again and catch up.  We coming to the end of touch season now with 15's just around the corner, as well as our much anticipated tournament in Thailand.  

As it stands now, I'm having to come up with all the cash for the tournament in Thailand.  Originally it was discussed with the team that we'd do fundraisers and sell rugby shirts and whatnot to raise money but apparently that didn't happen.  Christmas happened.  New Years happened, too.  I'm not too sure if I can go now though because of that.  I still have insurance owed to me from over seven months ago.  So if I get that, get the insurance money, I can go.  If not, well... anyone want to sponsor me?!

No comments: