As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

I Think This Aged Me... Tuesday, January 14

Today went from fun to frustrating and scary pretty quickly.  Uncomfortably quickly. 

I had just finished coaching my last morning client when I went upstairs to let two of the dogs, Cassius and Nama, out of the master bedroom and for a walk.  When I reached the top of the stairs however, I smelt something.  Bleach.  I figured perhaps Skittles had washed the bathroom for me while I was coaching, before he left, so I was pleasantly surprised and was full of warm fuzzies.

Oh, but oh.... it was bleach alright but it wasn't from cleaning. 

He had forgotten to put the pail of cleaning supplies on the sink and Nama had gotten into the bleach.  She had chewed on the bottle of out squirted all the bleach.  Cassius was soaked and I didn't know if it was from the bleach of from the other cleaning supply they had gotten into, Mr. Muscle.  It was an easy mistake to have made, to have forgotten to put the bucket up, but it was a mistake I dreaded was going to become fatal if I didn't act upon what I had just walked into. 

Raced the three of them -- Cassius, Nama and Rousey -- to the community vet.

Rousey had to go for a medicated bath treatment anyways so I figured I'd bring her along.  I raced to the vet only to find out that it was closed for lunch and I had arrived right smack dab in the middle of their lunch break.  Great.

And if that wasn't bad enough, when they did open, they told me it was the vet's day off and that they didn't even so much as have an emergency vet on call.  Wow.  I was pissed, to say the very least.  So there I was with 3 dogs and 2 of them were in desperate need of medical attention. 

Left Rousey there, called a Grab.

Grab showed up, refused to take me and then he refused to cancel my ride. 

I should note here that my two little ones, Cassius and Nama, are super tiny and they both fit on my lap so it's not like I had a big dog or overly hyper, yappy dogs.  They both were exhausted from the little hike to the vet.  

Second Grab showed up.  He let me in but then he got lost when his Waze wasn't working and he insisted he knew where the place was -- a place he's never been to but I have numerous times. 

Finally arrived at the vet.  Skittles joined me and then we had about 30 minutes to kill while we held our breath, hoped for the best, and waiting for the test results of the blood work to be finished.  

Both babies are okay.

My wallet, on the other hand, yikes.  That was one expensive lesson to learn.

No comments: